Building X Tutorial- Part 1


Even though I was very happy with the way my original X the Owl replica turned out, since I had never built a glove puppet before (I primarily build hand and rod puppets), I knew I'd need at least one try to make all my mistakes on. If Mr. Rogers taught me anything, it’s that it’s ok to make mistakes as long as you learn something.

Here are some things I wanted to fix on the final version:
  • The beak is wobbly.
  • The puppet was hard to manipulate and there wasn’t enough fabric on the back of my hand and way too much on the front.
  • The puppet couldn’t easily look up.
Enjoy this first installment of this build. It looks like X will take 2 or 3 videos until he's complete. Everything is filmed, so I'll post them as fast as I can edit them. Subscribe and comment here or on the YouTube Channel if you have any comments or suggestions. And I'd love to see any puppets you're building (even if it's not from Mr. Rogers)!

The PATTERNS from this tutorial can be found HERE.

Comments